Friday, July 28, 2006

Project Runaway From the Black Guy

As LID readers already know, Project Runway is back and better than ever! Already we've seen challenges to design a dress for Miss America, a dress made out of materials in the contestants' apartment, and one based on dogs. But have you noticed that Michael, the black contestant who has a street attitude but designs beautiful pieces, gets hardly no props on the show? If it wasn't for the runway scene, we wouldn't know anything about him! He gets no sound bites, no "talking to the screen while in the private room" moments, and I'm starting to wonder if they even let him stay in the same apartment as the other contestants. Where's Jesse when you need him? I'd be pissed if I was Michael and saw how much I was cut out. So in the spirit of helping a brotha out, here's a little smidgie about my man Michael (also known as Ralph Ellison's "The Invisible Man" in the book of the same name).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home